Summer = garden tomatoes + fresh basil + olive oil + fleur de sel = Heaven 🙂
This Memorable Dish post is as simple as the recipe itself. I absolutely adore this dish and can eat it everyday throughout the summer when tomatoes are in season. I prefer the yellow/orange tomatoes because they’re sweeter in taste. Get whatever is available and enjoy the sweet taste of summer.
- Ripe Tomatoes, fresh from garden or from farmer’s market
- Fresh Basil, chiffonade
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, good quality
- Fleur de Sel or any high quality finishing salt
- Cut tomatoes into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Scatter the basil on top and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle fleur de sel to taste.